Our client is one of the largest nationwide construction and agricultural equipment hire companies in the UK. They are seeking to recruit a Head of SHEQ to develop and agree strategic plans for SHEQ and related activities so developing the service to meet current and future needs of the business and ensure the organisation achieves world class levels of health, safety and environmental performance
- Ensure that short and longer term plans and approaches are developed, agreed and implemented to meet contract requirements, relevant legislation and all business strategies and objectives
- Lead the SHEQ team to support the UK Business Units working closely with and supporting the operational Directors and Managers.
- Manage the SHEQ team; ensure all team members are provided with support and advice as necessary, and are trained, motivated, utilised, developed and fully able to deliver the requirements of their role.
- Ensure SHEQ procedures and systems are implemented across the business, are fully understood by competence follow-up to allow all relevant legislation to be complied with.
- Develop safety policies and programs, including training programs, processes and procedures.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrable experience in leading a health & safety culture transformation, in a multi-location, construction and operational led business.
- NEBOSH Construction, with evidence of CPD achievement as well as proven experience of working with and improving management systems.
- Experience of managing a geographically spread team with demonstrable leadership which ensures cohesive policy implementation and proactive business support.
- Experience of developing and implementing meaningful SHEQ KPI’s, targeting key areas of improvement, enabling the ability to celebrate success.
- First-hand experience of dealing with regulatory bodies stakeholders and external clients
- A highly capable communicator able to deliver your message across all levels effectively, achieving buy in.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills. Self-motivated and confident
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Full UK Driving Licence