An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a leading materials business based in East Sussex. The ideal candidate will have worked within a materials, automotive, spraying booth or pharmaceutical production environment and hold experience of developing, implementing and maintain Health & Safety processes for all business functions.
Furthermore you will have worked within explosive environments (ATEX) and hold Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulation (DSEAR) experience.
Job Purpose: Protect the Health and Safety of employees, neighbours and stakeholders, and protect the environment in which the company operates.
- Develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety processes for all business functions
- Manage delivery of Safe working environment
- Ensure all regulatory requirements regarding Health, Safety and Environmental Protection are exceeded
- Manage risk associated with the handling, storage and use of hazardous chemicals and solvents
- Implementation of Safe Operating Practices for advance production and development equipment
- Establish a Production facility capable of handling high volumes
- Comprehensive knowledge of H&S management processes
- Experience address concerns of explosive environments (ATEX)
- Knowledge of Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR)
- Technical competence/relevant knowledge in management of gas, chemical and mechanical hazards and applicable standards/norms
- Demonstrated ability to deliver required behaviours to achieve and maintain zero accidents
- Management experience gained in automotive, consumer electronic, automation, pharmaceutical (within a flammable environment) sectors
- Physical sciences degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with monitoring and control systems for sprays and hazardous gases would be advantageous, along with hazard-management in automated production facilities
- The job holder must possess sufficient functional expertise to act largely independently.