An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join a leading chemical business based in South Oxfordshire. You will ensure that identified Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in all work areas. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with people at all levels.
- Overall responsibility to assist in the development and implementation of the HS&E Plan (chemical related aspects) for the site.
- Lead or support Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and Equipment/Facility inspections to ensure risks are identified and mitigated and correct and safe operating practices are in place.
- Assist in conducting Incident Investigations – including any major incidents.
- Participate / Lead HS&E meetings, presentations and training
- Notify, liaise and consult with relevant authorities (HSE etc) and outside stakeholders to ensure expectations are met in the area of HS&E performance.
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with current UK HS&E legislation
- Demonstrable experience in a Chemical / Manufacturing / Production industry related Health and Safety role.
- Practical working knowledge and understanding of UK Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HSWA) and other legislations: (COSHH); (DSEAR); (PPEWR); (PUWER); (PSSR) (Heath, Safety & Welfare) (WHSW).
- Demonstrable practical working knowledge of the use of Hazard Identification / Risk Assessment methodologies.
- Formally recognised NEBOSH / Occupational Health & Safety Qualification.
- Experience in delivery of Safety Training [desirable].
- In depth knowledge of Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM)