An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health Safety Environmental & Sustainability Manager to join a leading food & drink business on a permanent basis in Liskeard. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, hold a NEBOSH qualification and be enthusiastic about sustainability & CSR.
This is a practical hands-on role which will require commutation with staff of all levels and report into the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for developing and communicating EHS policies & procedures throughout the business and creating a sustainability strategy with the leadership team.
- Develop and communicate EHS policies & procedures throughout the business
- Support line managers with the implementation of EHS procedures
- Monitor and report on H&S performance across all business operations to the Leadership Team
- Define, maintain & communicate safety standards for all products and services produced by the company
- Maintain understanding of all environmental legislation relevant to activities
- Management of all waste streams, including the Water Treatment Plant and wetland
- Work with all departments to minimise waste and maximise recycling opportunities
- Work with the Leadership team to create a Sustainability strategy
- Finding new, innovative and economically reductive ways to stay green
- Develop and monitor the company's sustainability performance
- Communicating and marketing sustainability campaigns to internal and external stakeholders, working closely with HR, PR, and Marketing.
- Hold a NEBOSH qualification
- Ideally have worked within a health & safety function in the food / drink or food preparation industry
- Have experience with environmental aspects of health & safety
- Suitability experience is desirable
- Be a strong effective enthusiastic communicator
- Be Alert , Proactive and Self –Motivated
- Hold a UK driving licence