An opportunity for an experienced Quality & HSE manager has arisen to join a leading scientific instrumentation organisation at their facility in South East London. As a quality manager you will head up the compliance department, oversee quality assurance and health & safety and environmental procedures within the business.
To be successful you should possess previous quality and HSE experience within a manufacturing environment and strong knowledge around ISO quality management systems (9001 & 14001).
- Ensure Quality Standards are fully supported and legally compliant to ensure the capability of the organisation to produce products to the correct specification.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company management systems for ISO9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Keep managers and team leaders up to date with current legislation and standard requirements.
- Oversee all production activities regarding quality assurance.
- Ensure robust and fully compliant audit processes are established and adhered to by all department managers.
- Champion the cultural change towards Total Quality.
- Conduct quality management evaluations and approvals.
- Good experience in a quality and health & safety role
- You will need to have experience a manufacturing organisation
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- ISO 900, 14001, OHSAS 18001 experience
- Knowledge of lean and six sigma methodologies is desirable
- Good knowledge of quality tools and techniques
- Experience in H&S and Environmental management