We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Safety and Environmental (QSE) Manager to join a specialist contractor to the water industry on a permanent basis. Based in Derby this role will be covering the Midlands and the North of England. The ideal candidate will have experience within the civil engineering, water or utilities sectors, hold NEBOSH and environmental qualifications and have operated at a managerial level.
- Assist in the continual improvement of Safety Health Environmental Quality Brand (SHEQB).
- Provide advice and guidance to QSE Officers and site based staff during the audit process.
- Maintain the Company Management System and assist with Invitation to Tender (ITT) and Pre-qualification Questionnaires (PQQ).
- Report and take action on Quality, Safety and Environmental issues in a civil engineering/construction setting.
- Strong Civil Engineering, waterproofing or utilities experience in a SHEQB capacity.
- Experience working to a high standard of Health and Safety and quality.
- Environmental qualification is desirable.
- Proven ability to have strategic input in current and future projects.
- Previous experience preparing statistical data, including presenting recommendations regarding preventative, corrective and remedial action.
- Good IT skills including MS Office.
- Excellent problem solving skills through effective communication and the use of own initiative.