An excellent opportunity has arisen for a career driven REACH Regulatory Specialist / Product Stewardship Manager to join a global leader operating in the chemical industry. As a key member of the global team you will Lead Product Stewardship activities and EHS support for one or more designated business units, coordinating chemical registrations and handling complex customer and regulatory issues with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will hold a degree in Chemistry or related field and have demonstrated understanding of Reach, Product Stewardship and EHS functions.
Role: REACH Regulatory EHS Specialist / Product Stewardship Manager
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, Mon-Fri
Competitive Salary + Private healthcare, 25 days holiday, final salary pension, life insurance, free parking, subsidised canteen, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, increased mat/paternity pay
Location: Berkshire (Travel is required 3-4 times per year to the US)
- Lead the EHS support for a designated business unit, anticipating potential EHS issues and being proactive in mitigating risk.
- Respond to internal and external customer EHS inquiries.
- Maintain expert level proficiency with hazard communication standards for substances and mixtures for various classification schemes such as OSHA Hazcom, GHS, CLP & WHMIS methodologies. Communicate the issues and impacts related to various classifications to the business unit and R&D.
- Coordinate global registration activities related to new chemical notifications to insure that registrations align with business plans.
- Carry out substance registrations such as REACH without supervision.
- Support regulatory compliance activities related to the business unit(s).
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge on one or more hazcom related computer systems such as IUCLID, Sphera - IA, etc.
- Champion the customer support for a global customer.
- Coordinate trade secrecy protection necessary to protect proprietary product content information.
- Monitor the development of international chemical legislation in designated countries.
- Work with competitors through trade associations and working groups, to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as necessary in all EHS areas including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Regulatory Affairs, Environmental, Site Safety & Process Safety
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of Product Stewardship and EHS functions
- Understand the chemistry, function and applications of additives & formulations of assigned product lines, pro-actively advising formulators of ways to reduce hazards and risks of products.
- Experience submitting REACH registrations
- Knowledge of International transport legislation & ability to handle complex inquiries.
- A clear understanding of the procedures for the protection of confidential business information.
- Able to interpret and summarize complex information.