An international chemical manufacturing business is currently recruiting for a REACH Specialist to join its compliance team on a permanent basis at their site in Leatherhead. As REACH Specialist, you will play a vital role in managing/maintaining all REACH registrations for the company – whilst having the ability to liaise with key departments including HSE/SHE regarding to legislative changes.
REACH Specialist Responsibilities
- Maintain existing REACH registrations and complete any new registrations, late registrations.
- Supply chain review e.g. end uses/imports/customer queries.
- Liaison with HSE/SHE and Business Line regarding legislative changes/updates.
- Delivering training regarding new or amended REACH legislative changes.
- Producing an annual REACH budget and monitoring performance against budget.
- Budget planning & management.
- To comply with all Company policies and procedures including those concerning health and safety.
REACH Specialist Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Demonstrated understanding of Product Stewardship, REACH legislations and EHS functions.
- Strong understanding in various classification schemes including GHS & CLP.
- Able to think analytically and focus on details.
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a proven ability to communicate appropriately and effectively internally within an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to deliver & engage audiences.
- German language skills is highly desirable.
In return, the company can provide an excellent platform to progress a successful career within compliance and legislations.
Competitive Salary + excellent company benefits
Job Ref: 6257