Due to a number of large long-term commissions an exciting Design Management and Health & Safety Consultancy business seek a Senior Health & Safety Consultant to join their growing team based in London. In this role you will to deliver the role of Principal Designer and provide design health and safety support solutions for clients ensuring compliance with duties imposed by CDM 2015.
This an opportunity to be part of a close team, working on some of London’s largest schemes; with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Strategic guidance and planning, design risk management, procedures, audits and developing and implementing training programmes
- To provide general health and safety advice and systems support for a range of external clients
- To work as a member of the firm’s Health and Safety Consultancy team in providing health and safety services to both internal and external clients
- On Occasion writing policies and standards, carrying out inspections and audits, writing project progress reports, engaging directly with clients on a project basis (may be sole responsible for the client’s relationship)
- Also actively contribute to the business development of the team and the wider company, assisting with bids and proposals
- Independence in managing financials of projects is a key requirement as is the ability to establish long term client relationships and to identify potential opportunities
- Report progress to the client and author reports which do the same. Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
- Significant experience delivering consulting H&S services or substantial design risk experience
- NEBOSH Qualification or equivalent
- Chartered Professional (CIOSH or higher qualification or C. Eng).
- Chartered member of IOSH / or Working towards Member of another professional body (RIBA, CIOB, APS etc)
- Good client facing skills
- Desirable - Fire Safety Qualifications, ISO 9001 Auditor, CSCS Accreditation